Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jewelry Photos- Fun with FALL Props

by Genea C-K

Hello friends!


Yeah, it's late. It's a Sunday night, strange time to post a blog except I just had a TON of fun with this new program Pic Monkey. It's fall, my FAVORITE time of year! Yesterday I got to enjoy creating inside while a thunderstorm rumbled on through out the day. It was WONDERFUL! 
Here is the view from my studio window. When I lampwork this is what I get to enjoy seeing :D
Here is the view out of my other window that was taken today when it was sunny. The weather was a windy 68 and sunny. Perfect for taking some photos.

Here is one of the photos that really made me swoon.
These earrings are by Pink Poppy Studio. Aren't they absolutely GORGEOUS? The beads are so beautiful, but you add a gorgeous fall colored leaf and the piece just comes ALIVE!

So I went out in the sun today to photograph some beads and jewelry for my shop updates this week. It was  very windy and leaves were blowing all over. As I snapped a few pics I reached over and picked up a beautifully colored red leaf.
WOW! You see how this is working? You take  some gorgeous jewelry, add a nice prop and VOILA! You have just created an environment for your piece! I must say I was a little unsure about starting to use some props. I had had a mentor help me with my Etsy shop and she just stressed having plain photos of JUST your work. I knew how much I loved seeing these type of photos and decided to jump in! Clay dings and spacers by Karen Totten. Enameled hoops and lampwork beads by me.





Mmmm gorgeous, huh?! Clay by Marsha Neal Studio, patinated hoops by Karen Totten, weeny dings by me,  Rubber o's by My ELEMENTS,.
Isn't this amazing?! Clay beads by Marsha Neal Studio, Rubber o's by My ELEMENTS, Weeny dings and enameled hoops by me.
All beads by me.



Isn't this photo so beautiful with this red leaf?! I love it! Heart by Staci, clasp, connector and rings by Karen Totten, recycled glass spiral bead and wing dings by me.

Want to know how to really make your photos look pretty?
Hop on over to Pic Monkey(it's free!) upload your photos and create one of these collages!  Hooray for jewelry and fall!

Enjoy!

xo Genea

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I really had a lot of fun with these photos :D xo Genea

      Delete
  2. Really lovely, and the addition of the leaves absolutely worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. I'll have to check out Picmonkey. We don't get many colored leaves here in Texas, but I love the look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, try it out! so easy and fun! Awww maybe you can find something else? Maybe a branch, acorn, pine cone? You could also look for some fabric ones at a craft store ;) xo Genea

      Delete
  4. I didn't think it was possible that your jewelry could look more beautiful, Genea, but the little pop of nature is perfect! I am a PicMonkey junkie & if there is a collage to be had, I'm doing it! Glad that you are enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Janet! Isn't it?! So fun! I just found about it and I really love it. So easy to use and look how pretty it makes your photos look! xo Genea

      Delete
  5. Super photos! Of course, you had beautiful subjects! All your pieces are perfect for Fall. And thanks for the link to PicMonkey - I've been wanting to try some photo collages for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Who knew huh?! I have a simple Kodak Easy Share 10 Mega pixel camera. Awww thank you kindly! Yeah, try it out! So fun and easy, the best kind of programs! xo Genea

      Delete
  6. Genea, I especially love the earrings including your wingies and Marsha's discs. PicMonkey is my fave editing program... I've tried others but I always go back to the Monkey LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed creating these earrings. Now I just have to list them! lol. Oh I have just started using it, but what fun! Lol! xo Genea

      Delete